Ted is 1/2 of the playable characters in the scavenging section of the game. If Ted fails to reach the fallout shelter in time, he will dive to the floor, and the player will be given the "The End" screen. This happens even if all other family members got into the shelter on time.
When Scavenging as Dolores, Ted will take 3 slots to carry, just like Mary Jane and the Suitcase.
Ted is American, with black hair and is slightly overweight. He obviously appears to age, as overtime his beard and hair grows thicker and longer. He wears a white shirt, a swamp green overcoat, a swamp yellow tie, and gray trousers. He rests his head on his left arm when he's not tired. When insane, a sock puppet will appear on Ted's left hand (it will have a stitch if Ted is also fatigued and will have bandages if Ted is also injured), and it will eventually convince him to leave the shelter. When dead, he will be a skeleton slumped over the table. In the 60 Seconds! promo, he wears a white shirt, brown pants, and black shoes, as well as wearing a chef hat and a white Apron.
- When Ted is insane for too long, his sock puppet shall convince him to leave the shelter.
- Ted's facial hair will grow throughout time from a stubble to a lumberjack beard and the beard shaving event might trigger when the beard is fully grown.
- If Ted goes crazy, it will eventually lead to him destroying the Map, Water Bottle, a Soup Can, or the Gas Mask.
- Ted is actually very caring to his family, as shown in one of the insane events where he boxes the Gas Mask.
- Ted is one of the three characters that seems to age. The others are Timmy and Mary Jane (who have birthdays). Dolores' hair grows in the remaster too, making aging signs appeal to all 4 of the family members.
- He is the only character that must make it to the fallout shelter unless you are not playing as Ted, as the game can be played with just him, or recently, Dolores.
- If Ted is the only one in the fallout shelter, he will go insane on day 2. You can increase his sanity back to normal with events effectively "resetting" his timer on leaving the shelter, but Ted will go crazy again the next day every time he reaches sanity again.
- If there is an option for an event, and there is no option to choose a person to do it, it will always be Ted who completes the event.
- If Ted or Dolores is not in the fallout shelter while everyone else is, it will be an instant game over as the rest of the family relies on the adults to keep the family together and help with situations.
- Ted weirdly enough can survive an unusually long time without eating any Soup Cans, this behavior is often seen on Timmy, too, albeit to a higher level.
- According to one of the DLC countdown posts, the Suitcase presumably belongs to Ted's great grandfather.
- Ted is allergic to cats, as shown that he might get sick if Sharikov is allowed to come to the shelter.
- Ted is the only character that always has his legs in the same position, no matter his status. (Unless if he is dead).
- After death, There is a chance Ted's skeleton will "transform" into a blue-colored-robotic skeleton, with his eyes showing out of the sockets (As of now, the cause for that is unknown. Possible case is other family members insanity if applicable). This change will be undone the day after, but it might return across different days of the same run. This might be a reference to the developers, "Robot Gentleman".
- Ted's 3D model contains a total of 40 bones.
- Ted has a driver's license, as shown on the event where Ted searches where his car is parked.
- If you do not bring Ted when scavenging as Dolores, there is a chance he will survive and can enter your shelter. However, he will typically come back injured and crazy.
- Ted can grow his hair in ReAtomized. The hair is longer and more messy.
- Ted is the fastest character to age. He grows stubble on day 2.
- In 60 Parsecs! using the sock puppet in the "Throw an Epic Party!" event has the chance of showing Ted's name. This is the same with the other family members.
- He is noticeably shorter in the first promo and concept art, as he is around half the height of Dolores, while in the final game, he is much taller. This can be seen in the Reatomized! trailer.
- With a padlock inside the shelter (and not with him on an expedition), Ted is the most likely to succeed when alone in the shelter on an expedition, weirdly enough..
- Robot Gentleman Discord server - "Ted and Dolores don't have any specific age, tho, they are just adults but we can assume they are 30+ (?)"
- Several Tweets from the official Robot Gentleman Twitter account use the word 'McDoodle' when referring to the Family and their full name: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23McDoodleFamily,%20OR%20%23McDoodle,%20OR%20%23TedMcDoodle,%20OR%20%23DoloresMcDoodle,%20OR%20%23TimmyMcDoodle,%20OR%20%23MaryJaneMcDoodle%20from:robotgentleman&src=typd